View Single Post
Old 2008-07-18, 22:21   Link #82
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Spiritually, we'll just have to be content with how much of the other cast we'll get in After Story... hopefully. Realistically speaking, it should happen to a lesser degree, considering the bonds that were built up throughout 23 episodes of Clannad.

There's no excuse, because that's just the way Sunrise is. Sunrise is an awkward studio with awkward priorities most of the time. When shows like PlanetES, Kekkaishi and Iroha employs better visual presentation than their mainstream shows, you just know there's something strange.
I don't know, other then that one shot that wasn't meant to garner as much attention as it did being an up and away shot (except with people who choose to focus solely on the negative), that show was as consistent as this one I found. They also needed a lot of money and focus to be devote to the final few episodes where it was like non-stop battle after non-stop battle so they probably cut a few (very few in my book) corners here and there.

Clannad can have a fairly evenspread budget and focus since the setting doesn't change as much nor are is it's cast as large. Also no mecha battles to animate. Plus it also doesn't have to worry about variety in scene types as much and where the money needs to go. That's where they can get the focus and what people frequently call "attention to detail". Why other studios have so much trouble with Visual Novel adaptations like this I don't know.