View Single Post
Old 2009-03-29, 18:07   Link #38
XekeXander

Location: Louisiana (Pronounced Lousy-ana ... LOL) in the USA
Greetings and Felicitations to One and All,

I’m Xeke Xander, and I’m new to this forum. This is the second time to try this post or this is the re-write of my first post, I could say. I don’t mean to be rude or to change the subject but … Before you cast dispersions on all Korean drama/sci-fi anime-like live action series in general … Might I suggest, "She Came Back."

I recently came across this series while searching for anime. Admittedly, the only reason I even gave it a look at all was the incredibly beautiful leading lady ... I didn’t get her name. The show didn’t harp on the sci-fi or science aspects of cryogenics ... Which remain controversial at best, but instead they concentrated on the human aspects. What would the “ice lady’s” problems be once revived ... as fart as being “out of her time” and all. The only film maker that comes to mind that could make a “tear-jerker,” (not quite the right term), like this was Mike Landon. I can’t get this show out of my mind …

Now don’t get me wrong the subs are really bad and at times down right infuriating but despite that the casts and the acting kept me coming back and wanting to know what will happen next. Will she get back together with her, (now 25 years older than her), ex-fiancé … or … get together with his son (what a nightmare situation!)… Will she self-destruct … Decide to just start over or what? I have found the premise, the writing, the acting and the cast simply captivating. I would have given good odds against it just from the promo. I would give it a 3 ½ star rating … That’s down from 4 stars because of the lousy fansubing.

Like I said, this is my 2nd and last attempt at talking about this show … An unexpected find, to be sure but good none the less. I hope that one or more of you will at least check it out … Or give me a recommendation for a show that you liked because I enjoy discussing anime and Asian films in general.

As always …

Good Journey,
Xeke Xander
XekeXander is offline   Reply With Quote