View Single Post
Old 2010-05-13, 19:49   Link #1533
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
However, while that manga and the anime are indeed not exactly written by the same people, Taniguchi was the director of the original show. It would be strange if he went with the mangaverse, though in theory, it's not impossible, I suppose.
I'm not sure if I would go with that idea either...but here's another question: why is the Nightmare of Nunnally mangaka Tomomasa Takuma involved?

People might say that's just a matter of the art, but things become even more interesting when we stop to think about the other implications.

(In addition, that's also why it would be nice to know a little bit more about the interview included in this Newtype article)

At the end of the NoN manga and after a different series of events, Lelouch is very much alive. But more imporantly, the concept of multiple dimensions -including one in which the events of the anime series took place- was explicitly used during the story. In short, Nightmare of Nunnally itself can co-exist with the Lelouch of the Rebellion anime...and with countless other worlds.

If they re-used that same idea here, the result would be that the Code Geass universe will be made up of multiple worlds and dimensions as a canon fact...which can be recognized by (some of?) the characters within the story.

From that perspective, the "history" of Code Geass and its "world" isn't just limited to what we saw in the show itself and its internal time line. The boundaries have been expanded. If you're going to make up a story where multiple universes are possible, the sky's the limit.

Quote:
But there was also this: "The new project, ‘Renya of the Dark,’ will be an episode within the ‘Code Geass History.’ There will be stories from two different eras in the same world." (Taken from here: http://community.livejournal.com/cod...s/1514785.html)
Yes, I was referring to this in both of my recent comments...but the problem is one of interpretation....the interpretation of a translation and/or summary, to be exact. Parts of the meaning might have been lost. Most of the time that isn't so much of an issue, but in this particular case the situation seems to be changing.

After reading this and seeing the first images, we all assumed that Renya of the Darkness would take place in the past of the original Code Geass story as presented by the anime. It was the most logical conclusion and there really was no apparent contradiction involved.

But that might not have been the right conclusion even if it was the most obvious one. The same thing goes for everything about Lelouch's possible appearance.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote