Old 2012-09-03, 20:35   Link #1
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Vexx Muddled Writing Project: "It Really *IS* Rocket Science"

It Really IS Rocket Science!
TL;DR…
Initial Motivation For Light Novel and copyright notes
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Short summary:
the adventures and romances of a what is initially a "girl rock band" called The Lost Girls. The story starts out post-college during a low point for the band when one of their members has a pivotal encounter.Chance meetings, attractions, synchronicity, and occasional mayhem swirl together in the origins story of a rock band, their adventures, their romances, and their attempts to Go Big.

I tag the story as "seinen" but with heavy dollops of "shoujo/josei" because the Point-Of-View shifts from chapter to chapter between the different characters. Hopefully, it'll be pretty clear whose POV is at the wheel at any given moment.

Author's notes:
(4/4/2013): I am substantially rewriting the entire series from scratch to be published commercially. Nothing will change in this thread so don't let it stop anyone from reading. The commercial version has me retelling the story in much more professional way. Consider this thread a forum rough draft preview.
(11/18/13) There's enough change in what I'm writing that I hope readers will be interested in the new version (available for sale at Amazon, Barnes&Noble, and other sites both in paperback and in e-book format). Changes include order of events, dialog, tweaking motivations for character actions, new scenes, expansion of scenes and reductions of others that didn't work so well. Just read through the first few rough draft chapters published here ... yeah, the published version is quite a bit better, more nuanced ... but that's the way it should be between first drafts and final products.

(11/18/13) I'll just note here to any new moderators that I got pre-approval from the moderators last year for both the thread, its level of mature material, and approval to links to the published books. This thread is my "street live" performance of the story as I rough draft it.

Links to chapters follow. I'm trying to release at least two chapters a week (Mon-Thur).
NOTE: These are rough drafts. I'm actually publishing these stories in paperback and e-book. Just making sure that's clear.
================================================== ===================================
Volume 01 "Rock N Roll Fantasy" (Published version available in paperback at Amazon, B&N, ebook in Kindle, Nook, etc)
TL;DR…
Links to Volume One Chapters
-----------------------------------------------------------
Volume 02 "Surfing With The Alien" (Published version available at Amazon, B&N, etc. Kindle.)
TL;DR…
Links to Volume Two Chapters
-----------------------------------------------------------
Volume 03 "Go Go Godzilla" (Published version available in paperback at Amazon, B&N. ebooks soon)
TL;DR…
Links to Volume Three Chapters
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INTERMISSION Short Stories - Flashback tales of the IRIRS band members in their early years
Visit http://bhbranham.blogspot.com to read
"Duck! Rabbit! Duck! - A Love Story"
"Even Longer"
"Spiders and Snakes"
"Spider's Gift"

Volume 4 In Development

================================================== ==================================
Author: Vexx Editor: Mogwai @copyright 2012-2017
================================================== ==================================

Last edited by Vexx; 2017-01-24 at 18:30. Reason: updated chapter links
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote