View Single Post
Old 2012-03-21, 10:52   Link #20
Tatsuyama Asuka

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I could try to greet you with my rudimentary Japanese but that would be insulting so I am gonna chicken out of it.

Other than that, I am going to provide my answer to the topic you started this thread with.

I think anime - as in the medium - is wonderful. It's a very vivid and valuable medium of storytelling. And there are so many classics! It's just awesome.

However, I dislike anime - as in the actual products - in general. There are exceptions, of course. Those would be the classics I mentioned. However, in general, I dislike anime and it's been getting worse as of late. I could be getting tired of them or I am just getting more cynical. But either way, I feel that most of the shows that get produced miss the mark and completely miss the potential the medium has.

However, I have known from a while, although I don't know with certainty because this is basically what I hear from others, that anime is somewhat looked down upon in Japan. And that the anime industry isn't necessarily a financially sound one. I can therefore understand the constrictions that most anime face. Especially now that the industry has more or less become dependent on what the mainstream society doesn't find acceptable. With that in mind, I think it's really something else that most anime still manage to tell a good story and even explore a few things about human nature and other deep philosophical constructs occasionally. I am not conceited enough to shoot down the hard work of lots of people. Not when many of them work underpaid and without much recognition by society.

As for a request for you, I would like to hear from you how you personally see anime and how the general populace sees anime in Japan. You sound like the type of person that sees things from a casual perspective. Most people whom I have read opinions from on this subject have been people who were analytical and perhaps knew far too much about how the industry runs. I would like to know how a Japanese citizen completely uninvolved with the mechanisms of the industry sees anime. Or any related media for that matter.

Lastly, I encourage you to spend more time on English boards etc. if you wish to interact with foreigners. You could even try playing a MMORPG or some other online game with friends you make over the net. Continuous communication is the fastest and the best way to learn a language. That is, assuming you have more than a passing interest in interacting with foreigners.

Now if only somebody would be kind enough to translate my post into Japanese.
長文を完全に理解するには私の能力が足りません。
My capability is insufficient for understanding a long sentence completely.

よって、理解できた部分のみの返答となる事をお許しください。
Therefore, please allow becoming the answer of only the understood portion.

私もアニメは素晴らしいと思います。
I think that anime is wonderful.

私がアニメを見る目的は2つあります。
There are two purposes that I look at anime.

1つは、漫画の単行本が出版されている場合、それを買うかどうかを見極めるためです。
The 1st is for discerning whether he buys it, when the book of comics is published.

すなわち、アニメを見て面白かったら原作も読もうと考えます。
That is, anime is seen, and if interesting, I will think that an original will also be read.

2つめは、原作の漫画を既に読んで内容を知っている場合、アニメとなって動き、話す様子を楽しむ ためです。
The 2nd is for enjoying signs that become anime, and it moves and talks, when original comics are already read and the contents are known.

私以外の日本人の中にも、同じ考えを持つ人はいるでしょう。
Probably, there are those who have the same idea also in the other Japanese.

ですが、基本的に皆それほど深い考えを持ってアニメ鑑賞に臨んではいないと思います。
But,I think that anime appreciation is not fundamentally faced all with so deep an idea.

大抵の人々は絵やあらすじ(概要)、または出演している声優などから興味を持ち、アニメを見るのだと思いま す。
Most people get interested from a picture, an outline or the voice actor that is appearing, etc., and think that they see anime.

日本人にとってアニメや漫画は既に文化として根付いています。
Anime and manga have already rooted as culture for the Japanese.

よって、私たちはその存在や、漫画を読むこと、アニメを見ることに対して疑問を抱く事はないの です。
Therefore, we do not have a question to the existence, reading manga, and seeing anime.

アドバイスありがとうございます。
Thank you for the advice.

是非、機会があれば挑戦してみたいと思います。
I would like to challenge, if there is an opportunity by all means.
Tatsuyama Asuka is offline   Reply With Quote