View Single Post
Old 2009-11-16, 23:41   Link #22093
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Britannia's fault or lack of it has nothing to do with my position on Kallen. Between external revolution (i.e. Lelouch, Kallen) and internal reform (i.e. Suzaku), the show showed neither to be absolutely correct. What was clearly indicated, however, was that Lelouch's search for vengeance was wrong--his mistrust and hatred for the royal family, and desire to take personal revenge on them for the death of his mother (including Charles), was misguided. Given that this constitutes a significant and at times even primary part of Lelouch's motivations, my 'right'/'wrong' side designation was based on whether they encouraged/discouraged this.

And yeah, this argument isn't really new. If you're familiar with it, then perhaps we can move on.

The 'wrong' and 'right' side I was talking about was my subjective designation. Nobody else has to choose sides at all. I'd personally categorize the only true villains of the series to be the variably featured Britannian nobles. A slightly looser definition would include Charles, Schneizel, and occasionally Lelouch. Everybody else was a protagonist ('hero') on some level.

And the vengeance I was talking about was Lelouch's personal one. Although I do think revenge is a bit of a dead end in general.
If you include Lelouch, then you'd also have to include the likes of Cornelia, but definitely V. V., above everyone else, as he even betrayed Charles.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote