View Single Post
Old 2011-01-31, 16:36   Link #238
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick_rick View Post
The chief argument I can find against the soul gem most likely not darkening without use is because the MG the "reward" MG get for killing witches is to take away the darkness. So that raises the question why don't Mami/Homura just stop fighting witches if they gain the same benefit from fighting and not fighting. If their is no real consequence for not fighting then why do they job if they don't particularly like it. I don't see the show generally trying to show these girls as selfless so I wonder about their reasoning here. The theme of the show so far generally leads me to believe that its not going the altruistic superhero route with these MG's.

MG becoming a wish has no real evidence either way so I think it certainly open to theorizing. We have extremely limited knowledge of the boundaries of Kyubey's wishing granting.
You hit the nail on the head, identifying the problem that some of us have been discussing: How do you keep an MG fighting? Currently, there is no way to do that, short of Kyube canceling the contract, which might entail wish-revoking. For Mami, this means death, but for other MG's like Sayaka, it is doable.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote