View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 14:59   Link #3301
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Yeah, but I guess it depends on where you look.

Graces f was pretty good. Just cleared the game's bonus arc the other night. Though it didn't take as long as I expected. I spent 100hrs on Vesperia on my first playthrough but I only spent 60hrs so far on Graces f. But now that I've cleared it I can now allow myself to go online and look at walkthroughs, etc to see what I missed. (I don't allow myself to look at walkthroughs, FAQs unless I clear the game...or possibly stuck with no idea what to do, like in the first Neptune game)

But I do love how unique it is compared to the other Tales series. Sure, each Tales is a little bit more unique then the other but Graces f is pretty unique compared to the other Tales series I've played. Though I've only played Phantasia, Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, Vesperia, and Graces f so...I don't think I'm the position to say much on the matter.

The battle system was different from what I was used to, no TPs. Instead characters are given CC points and can perform actions until the CC is used up. And while in Vesperia where you gained skills from weapons and armor, in Graces f you got skills from the Titles you've acquired. Hence the large number of titles for the characters, easily 100+ on most of them.

I really liked the variety of titles and how some of them affected the game. Some titles even change the characters' after battle conversations, nice. That was another thing I liked in the game, the conversations between characters during the result screen of the battle. Some of them are just so ridiculous...

Not to mention...
Spoiler for spoiler:

Enough on Graces f. Chrono Trigger being one of the best RPGs ever? Agreed. Riviera? Also agreed that it's a great game. Has a fairly gorgeous VA cast including Kugimiya Rie and Goto Yuko. Personally I favored Cierra and Serene in my party. I also loved the multiple endings. My favorite ending was...
Spoiler for spoiler:

Currently waiting on:
-Neptune V (this week)
-SD Gundam G Generation Overworld (late September)
-THE iDOLM@STER Shiny Festa (late October)
-Fate/EXTRA CCC (sometime next year)
I just wanted to say that you broke the damn curse. I went in the other day to find Tales of Graces F had dropped $20; did it really sell THAT poorly?

Anyways, I pulled up my Chrono Trigger cart yesterday and started playing it again after its mention here. There really is no better way to play this than on an old CRT with that dogbone controller in your hands, I tell ya.

I'm probably gonna reclaim my copy of Riviera on PSP as well, since that game was awesome. Seriously, Serene is OP, but you just gotta love her in your squad.