View Single Post
Old 2006-10-06, 20:49   Link #80
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Personally, I have no real problem against it's nationalism/patriotism underlying themes. It's really not that much different from other war/mecha animes, though Nippon Banzai!! does hold much more umph~ than say, Sieg Zeon

Overall, I guess my only problem so far in Code Geass is how the character motions and visuals seem really...exaggerating. I suppose it relates to CLAMP's trademark insect-noid bodies that is starting to join the realms of Jojo's Bizzare Adventure in weirdness, but aside from that, Code Geass is giving me a good vibe right now. The cheese villians are overall boring, (( Clovis and those 2 Nightmare pilots )) but it's so obvious that the real villians are not them, but who the real villians are spark me a little. Will it be King Lelouch or Lelouch's dad or some other mystery guy?

I hope there's more to Lelouch's Eye of Geass than just "obey me, peasants, I am the son of your true king, and throw me your life for me as you are my dogs" aka power to magnify patriotism or something. At least that's the vibe I'm getting when he gave the order at his real name, Lelouch Vie Britiannia.

My biggest worry is Batman Lelouch. WHAT'S WITH THAT MASK/HELMET AND MANTEL!!?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote