View Single Post
Old 2007-09-27, 13:17   Link #98
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If people want to discuss physiology, I can go all night.
I have a tonne of medical textbooks behind me, and Google for everything else.

Assuming she wasn't completely lying, Sekai likely had Pseudocyesis, or "False Pregnancy". This is a psychological condition which could be brought about by anxiety and/or a strong desire to be pregnant. Nearly every symptom of pregnancy could be falsified this way. She wanted to be pregnant so much that her body believed her, and release the hormones accordingly.

But as I said, I believe she really wasn't pregnant purely because the story's ending is more dramatic this way. This is a story, so story-telling should be the priority. And what's the point of "It's a lie" otherwise? Every line should have meaning.
you mean wikipedia?

i see what you are saying and it does indeed make the story more dramatic - zomg wtf killings for a lie! but to give sekai more points i would chose the other option (surprisingly seen as i am a kotonoha fanboy) -

but wow never knew that there was such an illness - you learn something new everyday :3

in this then the whole ending was triggered by a series of unfortunate events. If it is an illness then i cant fault sekai for saying that she is pregnant because she wouldnt know herself unless she did a test - i cant classify this as a lie if she "felt" that she was pregnant as well as all the signs pointing towards that fact as she had no clue it was a lie in the first place.

either way it would have ended the same though it would have been a dam shame if it was all for nothing (ie she wasnt really pregnant )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS