View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 00:03   Link #157
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^That still doesn't address the point of the people using up their ammo or dying. You can have a 12,000 rounds, but if you use 1,000 a day (constantly defending your home instead of fleeing (and constantly drawing more Zombies to your home since you're using a gun)), then you'll only last 12 days and then you’ll die or flee (btw, if you do flee early on, it would be impossible to bring all the ammo, unless you wish to for go food, clothing, water, etc).

Additionally, when has any of the crew had time to actually enter a building to look for ammunition/guns? The only way to actually look for supplies is in groups, and even then, as we saw in the 2nd episode, that can end very badly.

That being said, where's the drama (and excitement) if the crew has a 100,000+ rounds of ammunition? In the end, this could simply be a moment where you have to suspend your disbelief to appreciate the drama of the situation.
If I'm fleeing in a vehicle, you're damn tooting I'm taking all of my ammo. They're in two medium sized boxes and would take all of 2 minutes to throw in the extra cab of my 4x4 truck. Leaving plenty of room for guns and supplies and whatever else I'd decide to bring a long.

It would just be a bit more realistic if for once in a zombie show/movie we would see Civilian versions of Combat rifles and not just the stereotypical Remington 7 series bolt-action hunting rifle, pump 12g Remington shotgun, and a couple of revolvers/semi-auto pistols in a group of a dozen or more people.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote