View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 00:07   Link #95
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I get the feeling I was the only one who ever liked the prequel trilogy.
It's fine as long as you completely switch off your brain and ignore the terrible acting and ridiculously retarded plotholes and just watch the pretty lasers.

Personally I'm fine with this. Getting a new group of folks to work on Star Wars can only be good. Knowing the writers at Disney, at least we know the story will be well written. The only thing we might have to concede is that Star Wars might not be so much for the fans anymore as it is to appeal to a large demographic. Certainly I don't expect Disney's story writing to be WORSE than George Lucas'.

But in any case there's tons of Expanded Universe material to take from, whether from the Old Republic era or the Legacy era (the one with Cade Skywalker), or anything in-between. Or it might be something entirely new (which would be AWESOME).

I still like Disney overall for their classics, despite their tendencies to make sequels that flop. But at least they're better than Hollywood, which seems to insist on making shitty movie remakes and anime adaptions these days. And the recent Disney movies (Brave comes to mind) seem to suggest that Disney's still got it.

Naturally my only doubt is that it all seems really sudden. Is 2-3 years really enough time to get a whole new saga together? Considering all the other movies slated to be released in the interim (including Toy Story 4 scheduled for 2014, which I am still kinda dubious about) the worst thing that can happen is Episode VII being rushed and not given the time it so richly deserves. Because THAT would seriously suck.