View Single Post
Old 2008-08-20, 04:24   Link #325
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooFarm View Post
As someone who does not know jack about the macross series, this is one of the few episodes that made me happy and the first to make me interested in the story of frontier.

The other were the first few with the initial dogfights before they became recycled trash.

And of course, the fighting STILL SUCKS at this point. It's like watching online game fights. Doesn't matter if I see Matrix Kung Fu or what not if I can't appreciate HOW difficult or HOW coordinated or HOW skillful you pilots are. Oh and they still just plug in RANDOM CANNON FODDERS with their UGLY FACES in just to be killed off.
Ermm "Red Shirt"...

Quote:
It's like, with a track record like that, you might as well call SMS the Surviver Macross Squad and have the regular army called 1800-Free-Coffin-4-Me.
M25's Diamond squadron seems to be competent enough.

Quote:
Might I add the previous episode or so where Ozma pulled a fake Mu and took the bullet for the Battle Frontier?
There's no need to reference Gundam Seed. Refer to Macross 7 Ep27 21:21. SoundForce(i.e. Mylene and Basara) was able to put setup a "space time" based force field, thus protecting Battle 7.

1. In Macross 7 EP27, it shows a device that converts an unknown power(2) to energy that affects light and space time (in Star Trek's technobabble i.e. subspace fields/domains).
2. Refer to Macross Zero, Sara Nome's power (e.g. promote regeneration, manipulate gravity, forming a bubble shield) and its origins i.e. Protoculture (ancient interstellar empire).

Macross Frontier is just continuation of Macross 7/Zero's i.e. Protoculture's organic/living based mecha/monsters.

Last edited by encia; 2008-08-20 at 04:43.