View Single Post
Old 2011-06-26, 15:15   Link #1564
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
No. Just no. Commercial ratings don't determine the success of a series any more than merchandise sales. UC and CE are the most successful Gundam universes in terms of merchandise sales and TV ratings, yet in my opinion (and I know I'm going to get neg reps for this) they're mediocre under the criteria I use to evaluate a series. Saying the success of a Gundam series is dependent upon how many people watch it or how much money it makes is an insult to the people who watch any series for what they should be watching it for: The message.
Sorry, business is business.(you as much said so yourself in your post) If the ratings are low they'll cancel at a certain point. That's just how the real world goes. If you aren't selling product you end it. It's not an insult at all - if the fans of Gundam don't watch a new Gundam series it's the studio who is insulting the fans. The fans will support the show only if they like it. Thus, ratings.

Anyway, we are getting slightly off topic.

If the studio folks are saying it's not meant for a younger audience - so be it. We will see once it airs. Maybe they're noticing a little negative impact from the preview and will make the effort to prove folks wrong. I certainly hope the show proves to be GUNDAM.