View Single Post
Old 2012-11-10, 11:09   Link #885
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I just got into the series a couple of days ago, watched the five episodes that have aired, and am totally in love. This series feels so fresh and new and I really like the combination of ideas that went into creating it. First of all, I haven't seen any anime tackle the arabian setting before, even though there probably are some. Secondly, I like how they gave the series a video gamey touch in the veins of Sword Art Online, by introducing the concept of Dungeons. I enjoy all of the major characters, the art style is great and the story so far is really intriguing - although the series has felt kind of rushed here and there, especially in episode 3.

I will definitely follow this series. I hope the story will stay that interesting, though. There have been a couple of Shonen anime that started out with great concepts but quickly degenerated to a boring mess. I hope this will not be the case with Magi, but when you have a little boy bathing in beautiful female chests like it's the most common thing to do, it can hardly get boring.