View Single Post
Old 2006-11-25, 20:38   Link #44
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
well to keep it simple... for 5 camera.....

one can be in front of light
second can be behind him
third one can be on the left
forth can be on his right
fifth can be on the top.

i just think that 64 cameras is a little too outrageous and not realistic. HAHA

if i was to observe light i can't even see 64 screens at the same time
the problem with such easy analogy is light position.
so, you are expecting observing light when he is ONLY sitting next to his desk?
as you can see, the desk isn't in the center of the room, but rather in a corner. let's say you have a camera in each direction, and one above...
how about the 3 others room corners? the blind spot are terrible huge if you are using linaer sight. (if we consider his desk at the bottom left corner, not only the top right corner is whide open, but you also have the center without anything around)

like i tried to show with my drawing, with such evident places (bias or not), you will note that with a plain area, you already have blind spots... so, with a dark, cluttered teenager room, this is pobably not good at all.

re-watch the episode, and pay attention on the camera scene (or else, look at lilith's picture of the camera): you will see their height, but also their sight direction. (you can see that there are 3 height level, also more than 2 camera per side : like 3-4 in the same height, at the same left/right side)
you will understand that light room is pretty long, and is around 3-4 metres tall, while the area is most likely bigger than 15m²
the wall aren't really free either : you see lots of shelf and all. (though it is nice to hide camera in there, it has a reversed edge : it creates more blind spot.)

if you put someone under observation, you would want to have EVERY move, every possibility recorded, EVEN if some area of the room will be most likely not suspicious.

if you leave some blind spot, what would guarantee that light wouldn't profit of this flaw?

in fact, light found the flaw : he used himself as a blindspot, and put the potato chips bag slighti in bias, so no camera would be able to see what it is inside, EXCEPT if a camera was on the desk itself.

i'm aware that "64" seem really an exaggerated number, but in reality, this is not that crazy. (though it's fictional, it is not that hard to believe that miniaturized camera has : horrible resolution, horrible angle sight, and horrible farsight)

if you increase the number of them, you just increase the possibility to find some clues (you don't really need to observe what does light... instead, you can also observe the room, and it surrounding. light was lucky enough to have some death note scrap in emergency, because if he would pick up te death note in his desk, he would be spotted : L would be wondering why Light would place a notebook in such sophisticated trap)

but as some said earlier, the anime fails with L : the camera choice was really dumb, simply moronic.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-25 at 21:06.