Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-09, 05:01   Link #4959
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
To make it short, in France, the women are still the ones who do most of the Housework.

The INED did a national study about it.

Among the couples of people aged 20 to 80 years old, the women are at 80% the ones who do the ironing. They are 70% to do the cooking, and when the men help them a bit, they are still 50% to do the vaccum-cleaning and the shopping (for food).

As it is said in the article, the women are still the ones who can do what most men are unable to do (because they don't try that hard ), to work at their job, and to do the housework, in 24 hours.

The INED also mentions that when a baby is born, it creates even more unevenness.

You can listen to one of the person who participated to this study there (it aired on the radio) (it's in French) : http://www.france-info.com/france-so...391-9-12.html#

Now, one advice to all the men, the study also reported that the more you don't participate, the less your GF/Wife is satisfied of the couple (the study was apparently mainly talking about the allocation of the houseworks though). Think about it, and don't complain if you get dumped for being lazy

So, most French men fail and despite all the talks about equality, the allocation of the housework in couples is still widely unbalanced here in France.
I could go to France and make a difference then. I do more housework than any of my female classmates/friends.

Well maybe the French ladies love the attention their husbands gave them when they do the housework, i.e constantly being looked at. Maybe ogling would be a better term.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.