View Single Post
Old 2013-03-04, 16:04   Link #28
DorkingtonPugsly

As a half Japanese half Irish, who moved to the U.S. as a child and have been living here for a while, I don't see the supremacy favor towards Asians (japanese or whomever). I see them being criticized and not really cared about (at least in the 3 schools I've attended thus far). I think like every other culture, people find things they like about it or find interesting, like the food and some of the entertainment. And like others have said before, most of the anime enthusiasm here seems to be with young people and their flare for shounen stuff. So I don't think I see much (or any) favor towards the Japanese, or any regards to them as the most intelligent/best race outside the west.

I think it's only because over there, the media/products and what not are plausible and satisfying to people of the 21st century living in an upscale 1st world country. Media that can be enjoyed and digested through our computers, tvs, and smartphones.

I have to say though, as a huge fan of music, and the (idm-hate the godawful term) subgenre of electronic music, with all the crazy beats and rhythms, I do have a pretty big interest in African music, rhythm, and culture in that area. You find a ton of awesome rhythms, instruments, composition techniques, etc in african music/dance. I also think African art's cool too so you know...

And yeah, just don't get caught up in arguments with immature wacks over the internet. They're not worth your time.