View Single Post
Old 2012-10-31, 01:40   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh god, this thread reminded me of Keitaro x Motoko..

I think it was the first time I felt like I was trolled .. So much development and she never had a chance.
Aye, same feeling here - one of the lamer examples of "forced ending" I've ever seen before or since. It was so off the rails even Naru called it before the climax - that Motoko was the better choice (indicating the author knew he was simply jerking the story around).

edit: ah... apparently I posted this a year ago in this thread (rofl)

Quote:
I assume you're talking about the manga primarily but there were moments in the anime as well. Yeah, this is the one that also left me saying bad words about how the moral appeared to be stubbornness wins over common sense. The *story* gravitated towards Motoko and Keitaro - the development of relationship and character was extensive, so the author had to wrench the steering wheel and put the story into a spinout to get to its final solution.

It was also the first 'romance harem' anime/manga I'd ever encountered so I suppose it set me up for the hundreds of series to follow where I'd end up saying "why on earth do they keep picking type X when type Y or type Z seem to make more sense in terms of the story, never mind what I might like" Are these guys just unable to write? Thankfully, I've come across a few gems where the author *knew* how to write a romance.