Thread: Licensed Bakuman
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-04, 00:06   Link #1
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

Bakuman

Actually, i have posted a similar post in the DN forum itself - since I am still wondering should I open a new thread for this. But since, the front page has been revealed. Guess that it's time for us... to get ready and discuss over it.

Source:

http://www.muhyojo.com/magazine/Syue...808-36/T-1.php

This year's 36th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine has confirmed on Monday that the Death Note writer/artist team of Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata are launching a manga called Bakuman in the next issue, which goes on sale on August 11. The magazine describes the new manga as "explosive." (The Japanese word for "explosion" is "bakuhatsu") ~ courtesy of ANN

Wonder how the plot will be like... Explosive... hmmmm.... (I just pray that it is nothing like Ral Grado...)

Quote:
It's not easy to become and live as a mangaka, Mashiro knows that from his late uncle. At his 9th grade, while trying to keep up with reality, school and then normal job, he left his notebook with a sketch of a girl, Azuki, he likes. Tamaki, a first rate student found it and trying to convince Mashiro to draw a manga with his story. Doesn't like the idea, Mashiro tries to decline. Tamaki, however, tries to stick to dream and found out that Azuki also wants to be a voice actress and got a good reply from a production company. Tamaki, then, brought Mashiro to her house and telling her his dream.... Mashiro tells her that he will write a manga with Tamaki and will ask Azuki to voice their anime. Out of confusion, Mashiro asks her if the dreams become reality, will she marry him? She says yes, only if their dreams become true, and not otherwise!! Now, life of wannabe mangakas begun!!!

Last edited by monir; 2009-07-03 at 04:27. Reason: thanks goes to ZODDGUTS