View Single Post
Old 2013-07-21, 10:57   Link #81
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathscyther View Post

I have a feeling that she chose to get closer to Naegi for 3 reasons: Naegi's innocence, Naegi's potential and a common goal.

Kirigiri noticed Naegi's innocence. She probably thinks that he's not the kind of person to murder someone in order to help himself. This makes him a 'safe' partner. During the first trial she also noticed Naegi's potential. With some help from her in the beginning of the trial, he managed to solve the case quite easily in the end. After all, she said 'I expect great things from you.' to him after the trial. In other words, she thinks that he'll be useful to her. Lastly, Naegi blames Monokuma for everything instead of Maizono and Kuwata, so she's probably expecting him to fight against Monokuma's tricks/trials instead of murdering someone himself. This might be her own plan as well, since she told Naegi 'Don't do it now. If you really want to avenge her, that is.' when he was about to attack Monokuma. So she decided to cheer him up after the trial, because she wants him to move forward and help her to reach their common goal.
That sounds really good to me. The innocence/potential combination is a strong one given the circumstances.