View Single Post
Old 2009-03-27, 02:40   Link #1138
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRayCool View Post
Fine, maybe I was being too vindictive. But my question still stands: does Jil change from being a dense idiot or is he a dense idiot throughout the entire show? He was led around by pure circumstance (everything from his unclear relationship with Fatina to his motivations in climbing the tower) and that doesn't change, not even to the very end of the show.

Maybe I should be angry at myself for expecting him to do anything different from a typical boy lead in an action animu. Ugh... I really should forget I even watched this show...
he did change, he learned that sometime you have to use people to accomplish your goals.
In the first season, he thought that the safety of his companions was more important that climbing a tower. In the second season he considered Climbing the tower more important than the safety of anyone. when Utuu asked jil if he planned to continue even with the shape that Fatina was in and he said yes, because he was a climber .I don't think that the Jil from the first season would have tried to convince Fatina to go with them the second time. The little conversation he had with her through the windows is what made Fatina change her mind.

Really, anyone that doesn't see that Jil used Fatina is in denial, I am not saying he did it maliciously, like Neeba did. I don't think Jil would betray any of his companions the same way that neeba did. The argument about Fatina using Jil to get over Neeba is different because during that time they were supporting each other to get past the Neeba/Kaaya's betrayal.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote