View Single Post
Old 2011-11-02, 14:29   Link #158
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
(...) for what he wanted in a single chapter he couldn't really cut anything else to squeeze in the needed pages that would have removed the jarring experience of Miria pulling a sword out of thin air. (...)
Yagi can still use Aizen card, i.e. that Miria had it all planned just like Clare when she fought Ophelia on a cliff but that would only lessen the "damage". However, Miria purposefully stopping at the exact spot where the sword was while Hysteria wasn't paying attention where she landed, in the just exact position so that sword wouldn't stick out and so she could reach the grip easily without changing her body position is close to zero (read: impossible). It would be nowhere near Clare's plan where she had time, means and opportunity.
And her attack with a mouth is even less possible, Ryus has explained it beautifully. Add to this she had get up from a "face on the ground + everything else on the ground" position (it's almost impossible for a human being to do that without using your hands and impossible without kneeling) - no matter how strong her legs were it was an impossible task unless she was way faster than Hysteria and/or had super powerful neck muscles so she could try getting up using her neck which would mean they were more powerful than her leg muscles which is absurd. Basically, Miria had to get on her knees first, get up, make a 180 degrees rotation and be far enough from Hysteria so she could do what she did (otherwise stabbing wasn't an option, only slicing) while Hysteria had perfect position all of her limbs and greater speed and technique according to Miria, lol. And add to this that she lost much more steam than Hysteria (at least she should have) since she was using her youki reserves while Hysteria didn't even go golden besides the moment of her elegant technique.

Now, Malak is explaining it that Hysteria lowered her guard. Well, it's hard to refute if we take into account Teresa's example. The difference however between these two cases is that Miria and Hysteria were of comparable class, in fact Hysteria had an advantage. But here, Hysteria did not slow down (contrary to Teresa who suppressed her youki while facing an opponent who was faster than her at 0%), on the contrary. It looked that Miria slowed down since we didn't see her distorted face. So WTF?
Also, Miria was so powerful that after all this constant youki release she could easily attach her right arm. She even knows telekinesis since I don't see how she could put it in the right position with her teeth...

Anyway, I disliked practically everything in this chapter and what I liked wasn't enough to change my opinion of it. For example I was glad to see Rubel again and some pictures (like Cassie drooling on Roxanne or the picture where she eats Roxanne's hand) and the fact that I'll probably see Clare next chapter (hence colored page) but all of it might make next chapter good, not this one.