View Single Post
Old 2011-12-01, 21:37   Link #13
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Recently two series have caught my attention. Nurarihyon no Mago and Natsume Yuuchijou. If I'm looking for action, Nurarihyon looks like the way to go. Youkai plus slice of life themes that might make me tear up(at least from what I've heard)?*looks at Natsume Yuuchijou* Or would I be better off reading the manga? For anyone who has read/watched these series before, what did you like about them that kept you following the series? Dislikes?
I've been following Nurarihyon no Mago up till now. I like the story and how the youkai are portrayed (not all of them were made to look like a cool guy and pretty girls, so they still retain their unique characteristics). The action concept is quite similar to the use of "Nen" in Hunter X Hunter (if you knew that series) which is good IMO Every youkai has a unique power depending on their nature, and can be manifested in different forms.

Despite that, I think the anime is rather lacking in action scenes. Not as intense as most shounen series, especially in the 2nd season where the art quality is kinda deteriorating. I recommend reading the manga, though