View Single Post
Old 2008-02-13, 06:04   Link #201
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Talk about the increasing number of fans that support Hiromi x Shin ending.

No...its not a first time actually.That kind of confession did appear in other romance anime,manga and live action...just that it didn't exactly appear just like how True Tears did.Such kind of confession,where a person act as a cupid angel to unite a boy and girl to become a couple is not rare or strange in anime nowadays.Example of it would be Da Capo 2 where Anzu and Akane act as a cupid angel,to unite Yoshiyuki and Koko.Even Love Hina also is a series that uses this kind of way to unite the main guy (Keitaro) with the main girl (Naru).

Of course from male point of view,such way is kind of a chicken way,and ruining male's pride,since to male,love confession is somewhat a part of their pride too..so usually this kind of confession won't appear in anime/series where the main guy is a type that looks strong,brave and prideful (like Isurugi Jun).

I lazy to extend my point about man's pride haha...someone for sure will shoot me for it if i type everything about it in here.
You are not getting the point, I have said that yes the cupid angel and hook ups have been used before, But the way it was done here I have never seen it before. the case with Koko and Yoshiyuki, they left and she did her confession ALONE! She didn't have a guy or girl right there with doing her talking.

If Nobuse had done the confession alone without having his "attorney" there to make his case, then I doubt Aiko would have accepted. I have never seen a double teaming like that in anime before and that is why this is one of a kind. the cases you are mentioning are completely different.

this is a bona fide first in anime, if I am wrong mention to me one where the guy confessed and then had a friend make his case for him. It has never happened. Also a guy introducing a friend to a girl doesn't count either, that is a different thing.