View Single Post
Old 2011-05-04, 21:59   Link #234
Used Can

As for Sayaka's expectations from Kamijou, I think that's debatable. I'm sure she never expected him to thank her for having his hand healed, since he had no way to know about that. However, I do think she expected their relationship to become closer, since she had visiting him on an, apparently, daily basis and she seemed to try to cheer him every time she visited him. The issue is, he was on very low spirits because of his hand injury, since that prevented him from playing the violin. In fact, the biggest hit was when he was told he should give up on playing the violin ever again, which seemed to have put him in a depression. So, the way I see it is that Sayaka, other than simply wanting to heal him, deep down inside probably thought that if his hand was healed, he'd be in high spirits again and they'd become closer, since she had been there for him during the whole time he was in the hospital. However, right after he got out of the hospital, he didn't contact her. In fact, he didn't call her to tell her he was told he could leave the hospital. He didn't speak to her, and even less, showed any gratitude to her for having been there for him while he was in the hospital. This fact, I do believe, made her really sad. In fact, if we take the scene in the train into account and Sayaka's reaction, I think I'm sort of right.

As for Madoka not encouraging her, I don't think it's that simple. Madoka knew about the MS business, whereas Kamijou didn't. Madoka knew about the reality of the SG and Sayaka's body, and this is another thing Kamijou didn't know. So, Sayaka approaching that kid would involve either keeping it a secret from him (which is something I'm sure Sayaka wouldn't do, and I think this one of the many things that was eating her from the inside) or telling him the whole thing. The second idea would be complicated because it'd involve dragging him into a dangerous world. Moreover, the whole thing sounds like a fantasy story and thus, it's likely he won't believe any of it. So, as I said, the situation wasn't easy for Madoka to simply encourage her with some nice words.