View Single Post
Old 2011-11-22, 12:16   Link #25861
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
He wouldn't invest that much for such an abstract concept.
After making a story where you have a funeral where a book is inside of the casket instead of a corpse? I very much disagree, we don't seem to have picked up the same themes at all for the serie tho. I guess there's not much point in pursuing that as anyway I don't think Ikuko = Yasu.

Quote:
But it wouldn't be such a sad event. Have you read the lyrics of byakumu? Even then Beatrice should have been the one to survive if Battler won (which by the way it was always said and hinted that he came too late). And the metaphor shows that Battler died because Beatrice did, not viceversa.
No I actually barely remember the song, Ill check it again tonight but it'd be nice to have a transcription of the lyrics somewhere if you have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
~So much text~
I think you were missing the simple point I was trying to make.
It's not about trying to figure out the entire truth concerning that massacre, and you might indeed be right anyway that Kinzo is definitively to blame concerning it (if you want the most suspicious part, I'd say it's that Kinzo somehow was able to tell us about the dud).
However I'm simply saying that "the story he told us concerning it" is not a story where we can find a definite "culprit" when accepted as such.
It was said in reply to the comparison with Rokkenjima Prime, and I was simply using it to show that "a situation where everyone dies without a definite culprit is indeed possible, at least theoretically".
If you want a much simpler and smaller example, take only the two japanese soldiers who shot each other out of fear that the other was an enemy due to the situation.
We're talking about a theoretical scenario leading to a massacre, not about what actually happened whenever, wherever.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote