Thread: Licensed Nurarihyon no Mago
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 08:08   Link #1050
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Weird that they are ending this way. Maybe the problem was that the series started as a cutesy shounen romcom/action manga and gradually metamorphosed into a legitimately frightening action manga with almost seinen level of graphic violence.

I guess this change began with the Hagoromo Gitsune arc and became really pronounced in the seriously nightmarish Hundred Tales Arc.
Nura was at its highest during the Kitsune arc (tough it fell in popularity at its end). The reasons for fall in popularity are not clear and there is a lot of speculation about it.

Quote:
Also, I get the feeling that the author is gonna do something stupid like pair Rikuo with Kana (because he is supposed to bridge the gap between the human and yokai world :P although I guess the he would be down to a 1/8 of the day as a yokai) even though she's mostly been gone for like all of the last two story arcs.
I doubt Kana has high chances to win anymore. For example if she were that important, she would get the monologue about Rikuo's dual nature (and prayer) during this chapter, not Tsurara.

Quote:
There's one thing I don't get about the Gokadoin clan: how did they manage to become immortal? I thought even Seimei couldn't do it, hence why he had to die first and be reborn as the Nue.
I guess the Gokadoins finished his work and reached immortality... but after Seimei died. It would also explain why he killed his mother rather than protect her so she could give birth to him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idont View Post
the author had a kid and said he wanted to end it. that's what i read somewhere.
There is no official info on why Nura is ending. Currently, there are only rumors and speculations.

Anyway, getting a kid is a reason to not end it. NuraMago makes money and you need money to bring up a kid.
At best, he would have asked to be moved to SQ and seeing how he is not closing the HM storyline, there is a chance that a sequel or something will start there.
But thats practically a baseless speculation as well.

Most likely, it is pure cancellation... a stupid move IMO as WSJ has yet to get a new series that would be a lasting hit and it would be more logical to hold to a series like Nura which still sold well.

Quote:
He could have ended the manga with chapter 207 with an open end. The final page was actually quite fitting with both sides attacking. And later he could have restarted the manga if he wanted. Better than rushing it.
The sad truth is that WSJ chooses when to end the Manga, not authors. They forcefully cancel Manga that are not doing well enough (we can be thankful we got 3 more big chapters, other ones were not that lucky) and also like to stop successful authors from ending their Manga, instead forcing them to drag them out a much as possible.