View Single Post
Old 2013-06-28, 16:10   Link #7124
FeistyDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBaka View Post
It just pains me when some people even start despising him for it or say that Gatoh ruined FMP by making him a "sheep". I mean, what the hell! The whole drama was about how crippled Sosuke was by war. Gatoh has a great humanitarian idea about FMP. It's not just empty entertainments, that's why I love it so much.
And where else can I find such a great male protagonist, after all =D

The credit for the art goes to A-len-A, a talented young artist and a fan of Full Metal Panic. Today is her birthday so I just wanted to share her talent with people)
Here is her Chidori.
http://a-len-a.deviantart.com/art/chidori-321662956

Spoiler for Chidori:
Ahhh, yes~ Don't get me wrong, I love the vicious "Kashim" ...To the point where my friend Mika has made a whole fanart series for me of an "of age" Kashim, many with Kaname, lol!

Spoiler:

And then there's this link, which has some of her NSFW images that can't be on dA. Note, the image in the spoiler above is NOT one of those NSFW images, I wouldn't do that, lol, but just to clarify so it isn't mistaken before clicking ^^ (which reminds me, I need to update her site for her...)

Buuut, back on topic, I also love the Sousuke he was always supposed to be. ^^ Even the scene where Kaname got to talk to the "normal" Sousuke, with a peaceful life, he was so adorable. I love that he's got a chance to start exploring that side of him that he was always supposed to be. It's a good story of nature vs. nurture, too. Because of his life, he became one way, but he's still innately a gentle soul in spite of everything, though it was hard for him to believe it even as so many people told him so. Only Kaname could make him believe it and want to embrace it <3

Thank you for the link!!! Such cute art she has~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Whoever thought Sousuke was half-Afghan probably didn't bother to read the novels.
Oh, it gets better. I told her about the novels and she refused to believe that they were the original source, saying that the manga OBVIOUSLY was, and all her Japanese friends say so too! I had directed her to the wiki where the publication dates were and she immediately jumped into "THE WIKI ISN'T ALWAYS RIGHT" and this was AFTER saying "THE WIKI SAYS HE'S HALF AFGHAN"

*sigh* I stopped trying after that. It went on for a couple hours back and forth, I couldn't stand it anymore. Especially since she had the reading comprehension of a 2nd grader and kept saying I'd said one thing when I very clearly never had, and ignored every single valid point I'd made with dismissive statements. Really, her logic on how the fact that everyone mistook Kousuke for Sousuke was FLAWLESS. "They use that gimmick all the time, it means nothing." Oh, yes, because it's so easy to explain mistaking a Japanese guy for a supposedly Afghan guy as a plot hole "gimmick." Nevermind all the times Gatoh was very careful of how different ethnicities were perceived by different characters.

I wish I could show the conversation, but she hid all of the comments. If I'd thought about it, I would have screenshot it as it was going on. Silly me. (Although as a small disclaimer, she wasn't going on a constant caps lock rage, it's just how I imagine it in my head because all of her arguments were shallow and childish)