View Single Post
Old 2007-12-17, 14:50   Link #9
Fervor

Let's actually take a look at what he did wrong.

1. Cheat on psycho girl.
2. Cheat on Sekai.
3. Be insensitive to psycho girl and Sekai.

If you boil it down to the basics, that's it.

All of the other girls were using him just as much as he was using them. All of the other girls knew that he was dating someone else. He didn't force anyone. Remember that in the Japanese culture (or anime/hentai, anyways), Japanese girls are supposed to pretend like they are struggling and say 'no' even when they really want it. There is a line but I don't think he crossed it.

Even him being insensitive was a pretty standard 'guy' tactic of breaking up with someone. Just ignore them until they get the message.

The way he dealt with the pregnancy is pretty standard 'guy' behavior as well, especially considering he's a high school kid and Sekai announced the pregancy to the entire school.

Anyways, I'm not condoning what he did. I think I need more background on psycho girl for why she's so crazy. There was no explanation, so watching her go crazy was when the series starting to lose touch with reality.

I do completely understand the point of the series though. Considering the popularity of the harem genre, it's fun to see the extreme of what might happen in a real harem situation.

Heh, anyways, I have no idea why it seems like I'm defending him. I did really enjoy this new approach to the harem genre, and the overkill ending was entertaining as well.