View Single Post
Old 2010-12-23, 22:54   Link #82
Undertaker

This is where our opinion differs than. I personally think Kyosuke and his dad would accept Daisuke (albeit grudgingly) if Daisuke showed more how dedicate he is toward Kirino (assuming the relation was real.)

While there was no fault in Daisuke's personality and character, I felt that at same time he didn't show enough to Kyosuke that he is serious toward Kirino. Though I will agree that the punch was result from Kyosuke lost it because he failed to find fault in Daisuke.

However I think Daisuke messed up his first impression to Kyosuke as well. His answer to Kyosuke's first question "why are you here?" was "because Kirino tell me to" and in an uncertain/lacking tone already gave Kyosuke a bad first impression as Kirino's boyfriend and was noted in Kyosuke's inner thought. Maybe because I 've seen so many similar scene in other anime/manga/j-dramas but Kyosuke's punch didn't speek anything to me other than showing that Kyosuke is a sis-con and was not a indication that there is anymore feeling than
that.

But as I said, I do agree that Kuroneko's V7 confession and Kyosuke accepting it was a bit quick considering that Kirino just broke down few days ago. But the relation itself, IMO, was properly shown throughout the series and is not out of blue or anything close to that.