View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 02:06   Link #51
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Characters are more important than plot, I believe. You can get a lot of mileage out of character interaction, and the right character interaction can lead to what is traditionally called a plot. An audience will remember strong characters, though I do see the importance of plot twists and such.

It depends on if one thinks characters are there to serve the needs of the plot, or the plot is there to serve the needs of the characters.
I agree because many great shows with strong character interactions make the plot flow naturally and fluently. I also think that character motivation is key considering that while interactions deals with the appearance of others, motivation I find is a need for "independence".

Every character is different and I also find it interesting to see what motivates them to do what do, and the ups and downs that comes with the steps they take. Motivation varies from case to case, but the drive and the risks they take to do what they feel is right can help a story flow naturally just like the interactions between each character.