View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 03:32   Link #257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In the end I'm not sure what is going on here. It's pretty damn weird and suspicious though. Certainly some memory manipulation is at work here. A friend going missing is pretty suspicious, but they'd also notice the other guy going missing simply because they really hate the guy. I'm not sure if their memories are getting wiped or just manipulated enough that they naturally forget about them. Does send a shiver down your spine thinking of how many kids might have been killed in just a few years at this rate.

The stories do send a dark message. You break the rules or simply ignore them, and you better be prepared to sacrifice yourself. Even in the story we heard this time it wasn't like this guy went berserk, but he went and killed himself. Seems even from a young age they are trying to create this belief of the village being bigger than their individual lives.

A pretty uncomfortable relationship building between Saki and her parents. She knows something is up and they are hiding things from her. So now the situation with her mother has become a "well if you are going to lie to me, I'll lie to you."

A lot of weird stuff going on and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.