View Single Post
Old 2008-02-12, 18:07   Link #97
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Enel's and Aokiji's logia powers being more powerful than Ace's logia is up for contention really. There are a number of ways to argue each of the advantages these logia abilities have over each other, but I don't feel the need to get into the details. As for how Aokiji and Enel would fare against Blackbeard, I can see Aokiji doing well but Enel is not going to last very long against Blackbeard. Aokiji is very dangerous for the reason that he can disperse ice on any surface he touches, as you said. We also know that he does have good physical durability because he took a direct kick from an enraged Luffy that sent him up high into the air, but he didn't even get damaged. Enel on the other hand had a very difficult time with Luffy, without gear power ups mind you. It is evident that in spite of Enel's tremendous power from his devil fruit, he is one of those devil fruit users who relies too much on his abilities and doesn't train his body enough. Every hit that base luffy landed on Enel severely damaged him. Luffy was definitely far above his league in physical prowess. Imagine Luffy using gears on Enel; he could possibly take Enel out in one or two hits. Having said this, there is no way that Enel could stand a chance against Blackbeard. Once Blackbeard hits him, which he will because nothing can escape the darkness, it is game over for Enel. Enel would do worse than Ace because Ace at least trained his body quite well to take powerful hits, as acknowledged by Van Auger when he was watching the fight.
While I am going to come right out and say Aokiji is probably more powerful than Blackbeard (just based on the powers we have seen both use), I believe that you are underestimating Enel greately. We do know that Lighning is considered one of the Legendary Elemental Fruits, so it is given a boost in rank that Ace's fruit has not been given.

You are forgetting Enel's teleportation (not actual teleportation, but still damn handy and fast), Mantra (some how is always able to see his opponents moves), and the fact that his electrical attacks were damaging to non-rubber humans. If Zoro can be laid out with 30 million volts, I am sure that Blackbeard will be given a pause with 200 million (which was the voltage of his final attack on Luffy). Added to that, if he were to fight Blackbeard in a storm (much the same as if Crocodile were to face someone in the desert) His powers would be multiplied exponentially. Mantra was partially in-effective against Luffy, becuase Luffy can attack a hundred time in a blink of an eye, and he can also lauch random attacks (as he did by bouncing his attacks off of a wall). Blackbeard has only two hands and two feet, and I doubt he uses his feet that often in a fight. It would be far easier for Enel to dodge Blackbeard, than for Enel to dodge Luffy. While both Blackbeard and Luffy can actively punch and hurt Enel, Blackbeard is still suseptible to Enel's eletrical attacks as well as Enel's Mantra abilities.

But, I will admit that Blackbeard would need only one punch to take Enel out.

I think, in the end, that The fight seems more even that either of us or probably willing to admit.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote