View Single Post
Old 2013-10-02, 14:43   Link #93
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
The reason why the outside air is dangerous is more likely due to the fact that a man made apocalypse as occurred. Random murders being one thing, there are also despair terrorism as well. Given the level of destruction shown, I wouldn't be surprised if bomb strikes, bio warfare, or radiation hazards have happened. The sky is practically red in the video clips which show that the environment is very bad. Contagious despair in this case is more of an influence rather than a virus.

The game is set up by Junko as SHSL Despair. With despair becoming a majority of the world's population, and the events in the school being telecasted live, only hope will try to attack the school to save the students. Those people are shot down at the gates, creating more despair. If Junko is treated as a Despair God, then it is unlikely any attacks to the school is done by the despair side.
You are looking at the situation from the wrong assumption. The school being turned as a shelter wasn't Junko's idea to begin with. Rather the school was supposed to hold its ground indefinitely in face of the disaster that occurred in the rest of the world.

If you put bomb strikes or any kind of organized military attack in the picture the headmaster's plan was bound to fail.
Either Kirigiri (father) was a fool, or the apparent situation didn't lead him to expect anything more than a mass of mindless zombie-like rioters.

What I'm basically trying to do is speculating on what the big disaster could have been by analyzing the countermeasures adopted by Kirigiri. For example the fact that the school was barricaded and fortified means that he was expecting some kind of attack, however the fact that he chose a tall building rather than a bunker and that he didn't choose to flee in some other isolated place to me suggests that he wasn't expecting an organized military attack. Because there's no way they could have resisted bombings indefinitely.

So the remaining question is why he deemed necessary to make the school airtight and create an air purifier to sustain the people inside.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2013-10-02 at 14:58.