View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 06:38   Link #139
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
This is pretty impressive with all this real landscape instead of all CGI like a lot of movies do.
Well CGI is actually in alot more parts of movies you didn't know, its just that they are done so extremely well that people don't know.

All the sheep, many backgrounds of Brokeback Mountain are completely CG.

Every single mermaid in every single scene of Pirates of the Carribean 4 are CG, as long as they had a tail, they are completely CG. Their faces are 3D scans of the actresses and modeled digitally. Even the one mermaid who was captured, she was only non CG for the few scenes where she had legs, otherwise she was CG for 90% of the time.

There was even one scene in Devil Wears Prada that had CG characters, but Lucas Arts refused to tell us which and I couldn't find out which scene it was on google.

CGI and animation is such an important part of movie making now that animators and digital artists should really get Oscars and other awards for their animated acting. Lumping entire digital VFX teams with 3D modellers, animators and several hundred guys under one award is quite unfair. Alot of times half the credits are the CGI crew.

Good CG should be appreciated, its a tough job that requires as much artistry and skill as acting and sound.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote