View Single Post
Old 2009-01-22, 21:56   Link #15
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
............anyways.

New drawings I did recently and finished pen and alot of them are touhou and pikachu and pichu brothers. My friends love my drawings of the chibis and that made me do more drawings. <3:

I'm penning some more pictures and posting them up later on. Right now, I'm doingo ther stuff.
Your drawings are improving! Keep it up!!

Sidenote: idk if you think Dream is picking on u(im not saying u think so), but believe me, he is absolutley right. I was stubborn when my brother told me to stop drawing anime and focus on realism. I didn't listen. I can tell you for a fact that after I did realism(am still doing it ) my anime pics came out WAY better...deformed(chibi) or not. You understand a lot more, because i can tell you...I saw some drawings by manga artists, and their realism is on POINT. These guys can open their own still life gallery. It's also a fact that some of them use real models to help them with perspective when drawing manga! So realism is very much related to drawing manga. I'm not saying you have to enlist in a course and devote your entire life to drawng realism, but take a little time out to study a little anatomy and how things really look and how to draw them. If you do that, I can guarantee that your drawings will be even better than they are now. If you go straight anime you lack depth and a trained eye as to how things should look. Maybe you aren't trying to be a picasso and just enjoy drawing(which i can totally understand), but a little goes a long way with realism.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote