View Single Post
Old 2009-03-01, 11:20   Link #5487
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
This does not change my point at all. We don't know the inner workings of Imagine Breaker, nor any way to combat is effects. so far it has shown to be capable of canceling anything supernatural, so to say that Nanohaverse magic is more resistant to it would be to place Nanohaverse magic on a higher pedestal.

Yes, you counter that with saying Rule Breaker does the same thing opposite, but there is a key difference, and that difference is that Rule Breaker if fanon, rather then canon. People will know what Imagine Breaker is, and seeing Imagine Breaker being less effective on Nanohaverse magi will make them question"... why didn't Imagine Breaker cancel that spell as usual?" the same does not hold true for Rule Breaker.
Argh alright, it works both ways. Saves my breath a whole lot.

Quote:
Speaking of which, why did Index raise Church bells? Just because her name is similar to a tome of them? I'd expect that to be filed away as coincidence quickl enough...
I clean forgot that Index was being "chased" by Necessarius, that they have entered Academy City and both are enough to have Belkaneus send agents into the city. It's better to start involvement then, that Necessarius seems to be after a Lost Logia called Index, but that Index turns out to be a person. So they stand down, but don't withdraw from the city. As events progress, Anita suddenly arrests Touma then lets him go, then the rest of the arc happens.

Quote:
This would suggest the power is well known, and yet nobody of either side -magic of psychic- has ever heard of the ability.
The Tokiha family's Black Library has many weird books cataloguing the strangest things, and this girl had them for bedtime stories. I have to admit, I've cast Anita as the obligatory know-it-all top-of-the-class girl who serves as an Eureka!-type plot device in all my fics, and this is just the latest occurance. So much so that if you got a question about anything, ask Anita first. It might save you a trip to the Infinite Library.

Fact: this happens IRL, and I annoyed her to hell for it when we were in class. <_<

Quote:
Another plothole here. By he time of MC 73, Jail is virtually of Mid's radar. There certainly isn't a reason for the Saint Church to investigate him, as any clue they do have is Bureau business, not the Churches. Bureau involvement with Jail was even more a secret. In fact, it didn't leak out until after the JS incident.
It's a really long story spanning 6 years of development on Nanoverse side (its a side quest across 3 fics, and some characters have been killed in the process!), but bottomline is, by MC 0073 Anita and the Ultimarines, Kha, Artei, Arisa and other members of der Kleriker's vigilante corp, and Carym know that Jail exists and that he is the Bureau's pet. However, it is inconclusive at best, and they have no idea where he is.

As such, they are still building their case from their end by MC 0073. They don't even breathe a word to the Aces lest they become bigger target boards than they already are. This fits into the scheme of things from the Nanohaverse side, but it is not needed for the Toumaverse side, which is a lot simpler and more fun since they don't need to know everything. A new villain seems to be after Index, but the actual target will astound everyone!

Stop making me giveaway plot elements! Your turning the thread into a Khegami Magazine!!! >_<

Quote:
You'd be better of by taking a page out of Storm's book and having her label Touma as a potential threat to Familiars and other magical constructs. Though you'd still need an excuse for her to take him away like that...
Yes still doesn't warrant her taking him away like that, but I'll take it. Makes for even more WTF for Touma. But rest assured it's an excuse and the real reason will come to light after she lets him go.