View Single Post
Old 2009-08-30, 19:03   Link #2294
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I have to agree with Mentar, Athena pretty much decided what Hayate was going to be for him. It's not a particularly bad thing as what he was before wasn't much to boast about. Still, his only actual dream or ambition in life that was genuinely his is to someday own a basic apartment; and he isn't even sure if he can achieve it in his lifetime. Needless to say he has been warped before belief and desperately needs someone who can bring out his best traits. I really wouldn't like it if he kept being a servant forever, and since that seems to be the mind set he had driven into him, somebody is going to have to teach him to be assertive.

So far, Hinagiku seems to be the only one to go along these lines when it comes to Hayate. I always liked how she tried to help him by telling him to give confidant answers, voice his own opinions, be a little selfish once in a while so that he can find happiness, etc. Everyone else, except Isumi, Ayumu and possibly Maria, treats him like a servant, especially Nagi, Sakuya, and Athena.

I think it's too early to tell what's going to happen. We really need everyone's input on the situation and confirm everybody's current feelings or else it's just wild speculation. Seriously, at this point I can make a valid claim for Hayate ending up with almost any person (male, female, or other) in the series because everything is kept so vague.

The only new bit I have to my theory now is that Athena may be screwed if she still wants Hayate. Going by standard romantic comedy tropes and plot lines, even the often bizarre subversions that Hata manages to pull off, then things are not going to end well. Basically, unless it's the end of the story (and it's not) then the hero (that's Hayate) never openly says he loves someone because it would end the tension, so something is going to happen that usually breaks his heart and pushes him in a new direction. Anything at all could still happen, but just because Hayate says he loves Athena now doesn't mean that it's a clear path to the end for them.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote