View Single Post
Old 2008-03-04, 22:01   Link #723
Once and Current Subber

Good point, that.

Or rather, wait a second. Shouldn't every scientist on Earth be freakin' out a few days after that? Apparently sourceless earthquakes are kind of a big deal, no? (Unless you're going to argue that it was limited to the Uminari area, which would be... weird...)

On the other hand, it's entirely possible that the TSAB's in touch with a few Earth governments for precisely this sort of scenario. "Uh... yeah. There was an event yesterday, don't worry, not your fault and won't affect y'all any further... Just don't panic, 'kay?" Of course, that implies competent_TSAB, which isn't what we have.

Projectiles, huh... I don't think it'd necessarily be "illegal", but most likely "what for?" There's no need for having a physical bullet if you can summon one; there's no need for a barrel if you can accelerate a projectile without one; and a bullet-cartridge (as opposed to a Belka cartridge) can't be used for things that don't involve slinging a slug. It'd be easier to just use the cartridge to summon some bullets and fire them, and also probably more weight-efficient. One also expects bullets to be an inefficient offensive means against mages, whose barrier jackets seem to handle purely physical shock with ease.

If anything, I'd expect that sort of technology to be in the hands of guys in a unit specifically formed to counter anti-magic field conditions - i.e. RF6, right? ;p But the brass is definitely down on the concept, they're down on the idea of anti-AMF development (well, Regius is on the wrong side, duh), and Nanoha's training doesn't go in for that sort of thing either. So there's no real shock that we don't see anyone else using 'em.