View Single Post
Old 2009-09-14, 11:46   Link #9
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Well it won't really make sense they saying anything about him. I mean so far the NW captains seem like fodder. Plus it not like we know much about them so they saying something won't really matter . These guys come to help WB and here we have luffy telling WB he going to be pirate king .

Well, those captains are supposed to be pretty prominent figures in the New World (plus, the fact that some of them were named suggests to me that not all of them are fodder.....). Depending on how many of them survive this war, some of them may end up trying to either take Whitebeard's place as an emperor or will keep his spot "on hold" until they find someone worthy enough to take up the mantle (like Ace, who I'm still pretty certain will end up surviving). Like I said before, that could determine who amongst those pirates will become Luffy's friends or enemies in the future.....

....And I guess I also want an excuse to see Doma and Makugai appear in future storylines. Those two looked the most badass out of those NW captains, IMO.

By the way, I find it kinda funny that Crocodile would attack Whitebeard head-on like that. I mean, we saw in Ace's flashback that Whitebeard could easily smack around a Logia that tried to attack him off-guard, so what makes Crocoboy so confident that he can fare better than Ace or that giant VA from the previous chapter.....?