View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 11:31   Link #855
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
That doesn't mean anything, though. Because we're not given any proper assurance that it is so, and can easily just be a fanservice ending that doesn't fully consider the ramifications of its aftermath.
I think we're not supposed to think there are more ramifications that those mentioned on-screen. Does that mean it's just a fanservice ending? Maybe it is. Maybe the whole game is fanservice....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It might be fair to call this Homura's happy ending.
Well, it is Homura's route, and her goal was always to save Madoka. It's also the best ending this game allows, the "true ending", if you will, since Homura's the protagonist in the game.

Anyway, I think what makes this ending worthwhile even accounting for the "ramification", as AuraTwilight put it, is that in this route all the girls chose to fight alongside Homura even though they knew everything about the magical girls becoming witches and so on. They chose to hope even knowing their eventual fate might not be so bright. Now If you think about it, even the anime series was never about changing the system and whatnot; Madoka made such a wish because she wanted to give the magical girls hope. Well, in this game, Homura manages to do just that. Of course, the scope is smaller, just the few girls she knows. But it doesn't change the fact that Homura gave them hope and this "changed their fate". I think that's the point, of this game and maybe of the whole franchise. It's all about hope.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-11-14 at 11:41.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote