View Single Post
Old 2011-04-18, 09:11   Link #20
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
I know for a fact that Mayo Suzukaze voiced Kenshin for the PV for the recent PSP game, so my guess is she also did his voice for the game. Her involvement with the anime is likely a foregone conclusion.

The real questions are:

1) Who're they going to get to voice Saitou? Hirotaka Suzuoki died in 2006.

2) Could any other roles be up for grabs? I wouldn't mind seeing an actress with a bit more talent taking up Kaoru, personally.

3) Could they possibly use the more "up to date" character designs that Watsuki-sensei came up with for the characters? If anyone's wondering what I'm talking about, Watsuki drew up some newer designs for the characters as if he were doing Rurouni Kenshin currently instead of 15 years ago. The results are...interesting. To say the least. Go look around for them, they're not hard to find.
Yeah, Suzukaze is a lock. She's reprised the role in both the 2006 PS2 game and the PSP game that came out just last month.

1) IMO Ken Narita or Jouji Nakata would be good choices.

2) Same here. She was definitely my main (and probably only real) gripe in the original cast. I also wouldn't mind a new seiyu for Aoshi, as even though I didn't mind the original I thought they could do better and he already sounded a little too old for him then, so now 15 years later it'd be even more so. But the rest I definitely want to reprise their roles and after hearing them in the PSP game, I'm sure the main ones will. Sano isn't Sano without Yuji Ueda, for example.

3) I doubt it. If it's a complete reboot of the series and not just Jinchu I think I wouldn't mind too much, as it'd help make the series feel fresher, but if it is just Jinchu I'd definitely want them to stick to the originals. The new designs were pretty interesting and I did like a few of them better, but overall the classic look is still where it's at.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote