View Single Post
Old 2013-05-07, 12:55   Link #1712
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Not an expert in Oreimo or anything. But honestly i still feel the safest road for the author (to please general audiences while keep the theme consistent) is to make Kyousuke choosing Kirino, THEN right after that reveal that they are not blood related.
That's a "focus group" pretend solution as far as I'm concerned. From a storytelling aspect that would be the fastest way for me to drop the franchise because it would require simply jerking the characters around at this point. I call that extremely bad puppeteering.

Pulling blindsides out of thin air is one of the best ways to have other authors throwing rotten cabbage at you. I'm not against the notion of *any solution* (even Kirino) if the story provides reasoning and clues that justify the ending.

At the current point in the story, there's as much rationale to have Kyousuke and Kirino suddenly die in a car accident. Ruri, Ayase, and the others are left with a sudden hole in their lifes. The end. That may be the way life happens but it makes for a lousy story ending.