View Single Post
Old 2007-11-17, 11:20   Link #2
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
I work for a small regional ISP in the US, and have contacted customers about DMCA violation notices numerous times before.

I always inform the customers of the party that served the us with the notice. I am flabbergasted that Comcast would not include the copyright owner's information alongside the evidentiary information.

If any one has been served with such a notice without being informed of who notified your ISP, PLEASE contact them and ask who informed them. I know of no reason to withhold the information from you, and if they are serving notices for some one other than the proper copyright holder, it needs to be stopped.

Perhaps including the information (or looking it up after notifying some one) is more trouble than they want to go through. They may also want to avoid the time-consuming argument of people claiming (legitimately or illegitimately) that the party serving the notice doesn't represent the copyright holder. Those are the two best reasons that I can imagine, and they aren't very good. Please press on to get this information.

I await patiently
the gift promised to me.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote