View Single Post
Old 2008-09-06, 19:20   Link #44
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

ZOMFG, this manga makes me so happy inside. Morinaga Milk is a genius.

I only wish there was more stuff like this. Or that it would go on for another three volumes. It's torture to wait a month for every new chapter. Not that I don't appreciate, quality, though... just have to force myself to wait...

Oh, and regarding earlier confusion, Girl Friends was originally bi-monthly. It switched to being monthly recently.

I really like Nana and Hitomi, but to be honest, I think I like Mari and Akko more. Maybe I'm more of a sucker for angst? And I like the pacing -- how you get to see the two become friends, and Mari's feelings develop. Mari's struggles are so heart-wrenchingly painful, but I guess that's because I can relate. ;__;

Oh, and of course... the latest chapter--!

Spoiler for Chapter 14:

I want to buy all the tankoubun once this manga is finished. And read them all, twenty times each.

In the mean time, I really wish this would get animated. As an OVA, even, like Candy Boy or something. Girl Friends + J.C. Staff = win. But I doubt anything like that would ever happen. Being a yuri manga, even if it did get animated, it would probably be by some low-production studio... sigh.
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote