View Single Post
Old 2013-02-12, 19:39   Link #5187
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
So, um, wait. James "Clerk" xD More Katrina/Katerina/Catherine(a) naming madness.
Lolicon and teen pregnancy. Scuse me; what.
Yup. Frozen Teardrop's very own "16 and Pregnant". Coming up next: Marticus imprinting on baby Katrina in Twilight fashion.

And yes, you read that right. Sabrina, whose official name now is "Katrina," named her daughter Katrina(/Katerina?) after her own sister Katrina. That currently makes ...7 Catherines or variants in total featured in this novel. Plus a hidden one, since James Clerk Maxwell (the real person) was married to a Catherine.

Quote:
And wth is this Sherwood forest? I missed the inclusion of Robin Hood? -sigh.
You're late, we're further already. For the heck of it, so far we've had: The Sleeping Beauty (Princess Aurora), The Little Prince (the other capsule), Snow White (best Gundam name ever), One Thousand and One Nights (Scheherazade), The Wonderful Wizard of Oz ("Somewhere Over The Rainbow," among other things), Robin Hood (the Sherwood Forest base), Cinderella (Katrina, complete with pumpkin chariot in the form of the Jack-o'-lantern tanks) and the Little Red Riding Hood (Naina and Duo).
Special mention goes to Greek and Norse mythology (Prometheus/Phobos/Cyrene/etc. and Fenrir) and Casablanca ("Play it once, Sam"). Pretty sure I still missed a bunch.

Yu-Gi-Oh!, Digimon and Soul Eater may also qualify, seeing as there are loads of card game refs, a digital cat doubling as ZERO system and Katrina's partner and Mille supporting a battling Quatrine with his piano, which is more or less a direct rip from this.
And considering the a**pulls left and right, one might also list Alice in Wonderland. Or Lucy in the Sky of Diamonds. Actually, I think there was something about hatters and March hares mentioned in the Duo vs. Naina fight...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
hehm hehm... even though they are different timelines, we have in UC Quess aiming for char, riddhe aiming mineva... actually, after watching up to Unicorn, I tried to remember if pedophilia had been touched in wing, and according to my memory banks, it had not, at least until the Heero Yui x Katrina, he former being a college student and the latter a high school student...
That... doesn't make it better? It just shows that all Gundams are messed up.

But in all seriousness. Quess and Char doesn't really count, since it's a younger girl (cough 13??) crushing on an older man. It's not like Char had any interest in her (I hope, I haven't watched CCA). Younger folks being into older folks is okay, heck even normal (as long as they aren't old enough to be one's parent >_>).
Now, Riddhe and Mineva is not without misgivings, but a) he didn't get her and b) as far as the anime is concerned, his obsession with her came outta left field anyway. They spoke, what, three words to each other and he's already declaring his undying love for her? I haven't read the novels but I hope they do a better job there.

As for FT, I looked up everyone's ages; Heero is stated to be four years older than Katrina and Eric is 15 years older than Sabrina. Making Heero 19, Eric 30 and the Peacecraft twins 15 when they all first meet each other.

And here's where it begins to gross me out. Heero and Katrina I don't mind, since four years are laughable and Heero didn't hit on Katrina anyway. Even if Katrina wanted him to lol.
Eric on the other hand was instantly smitten with a teenager, going so far as to get Sabrina's entire freaking country out of its debt with his own money. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she even married him because of his money? She had the hots for Heero, too, after all. Anyway. Presented like this, Eric totally comes off as an ephebophile. I have a huge problem with that. I mean, imagine your teenage daughter telling you she's in love with a guy a few years younger than yourself. And she says that the guy loves her, too. Would you give them your blessings? Or would you punch the guy's face in?

Really, why Sumizawa has to go and make things sick is beyond me. Three years wouldn't have made a difference. :/
And yes, I know I'm reading way too much into this stupid thing, but... I teach kids that age. I'd hurl if I started to feel attracted to any of them (and I'm only in my mid-twenties).

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2013-02-12 at 20:05. Reason: grammar fail
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote