View Single Post
Old 2006-07-04, 14:37   Link #1285
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
wait a sec..so you're telling me this like you think i don't know that already? i'm just pissed that someone here is telling me i don't have the right to SPECULATE..maybe when speculating gets thrown down as being AGAINST THE RULES OF THIS FORUM...then i'll quit speculating
Just calm down... this whole thing is a misunderstanding. It looks like the translator assumed that you may have jumped to a conclusion due to his translation being unclear, so was trying to clarify that "they never said that", which you actually knew all along, but Kinny didn't realize that. Of course, in the novel, they never said or implied that the two are related, but it's possible that statement could prove to be ironic in the end (which is what you were saying). So, of course you can speculate... Kinny got defensive because he thought you were drawing conclusions based on a misinterpreted translation (and misattributed the "conspiracy" comment), and then you got defensive because you thought he wasn't giving you the right to speculate. That's why I'm saying... it's just a misunderstanding.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote