View Single Post
Old 2008-06-06, 11:03   Link #10043
Fumeiryou

I looked up the original Baka-Tsuki translation (I had the pdfs downloaded from the site a while back, are those different from now?) and found that the only thing mentioned in the first novel's Kyon-Asakura confrontation is "sharp as an army knife."

Later, in the Disappearance novel, it is mentioned that the weapon of choice for Asakura is a Swiss army knife.

I know we changed it to a katana (I think) but aren't they under a streetlamp, at the gates of the school? (Yeah, yeah, its 4:48 AM, but it seems like you'd want to have a smaller, more concealable weapon.)

Also, another thing:
Quote:
Originally posted by shaoron
Asakura wanted to make Kyonko feel pain before actually killing her. A light stab is all that's needed. no need to change the weapon. remember, he slowly pulled the blade out.. so no major disembowelment...
As far as I'm reading, it never said that Asakura pulled it out slowly in the original:
Quote:
To me, her grin looked like that of an expressionless mask that has suddenly begun smiling.
Asakura then backed off from me, pulling out the blood-soaked dagger which she used to stab
me.
Anyway... another opinion I have. I may be biased, but... would Kyonko feel more at ease with a gun in hand? I'd definitely prefer a gun over a giant syringe, and so would Kyon, but Kyonko...?

I think I'm sounding rather sexist now, sorry about that. And I'm also sorry for being so nitpicky.
Fumeiryou is offline   Reply With Quote