View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 22:19   Link #70
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
This episode amused me. But hey I hate reincarnation romance so I can kickback and laugh.

You are assuming that Gen/Zen isn't Apollonius/projection of Aquarion himself.

1) Supposedly piloted the Aquarion, everyone assumed he was the third pilot but what if that was Scorpius all along, huh?
2) Lived all these 24.000 years.
3) That isn't his real form. Mykage asked him where did he hide his real form (when he was casually looking for the Aquarion too, coincidence? Nah).

I could continue.
But as I said before this comes out as contrived retcon when you consider the simple fact that this is a sequel made over 5 years after the creation of the first series. It would be much easier to put forth any of those revelations if it were in Genesis the first series, itself, with the better writing, characterization, and pacing. But to put it in a sequel created years later, and a badly written sequel at that, is the same thing as shooting message the first series, river stomping over it, beating it dead and then laughing at its corpse and anyone else that even believed in it, while saying how none of it really matters.

That's why I'm not treating any of these new revelations positively because as a whole, when one considers the entire message of the series, and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
We don't actually ever know of what happened to Apollonius aside from second hand stories, like I said, he could very well have put so much of himself in Aquarion that what little was left could only last for the brief happiness he found with Celianne. Its a sort of self-punishment for all the atrocities he committed as the Angel of Slaughter.

In Genesis, no one paid any attention to Apollo before he got into Aquarion where, after many years, was also Apollonius. Apollonius, reacting to his former friend, would easily send wrong messages. If Toma could recognize Apollonius so easily, he'd have found Apollo on the day of his birth with his Apollonius radar.

Like I said before, this does answer some old questions of Genesis or, better phrased, lets you look at them in a different light.
Except Genesis ended over 5 years ago, and this isn't really answering some old questions so much as its just telling us that ultimately we the viewers should just forget about Genesis because it doesn't really matter. But then again to say that would also mean that EVOL which is a sequel also doesn't matter either . So then as the viewer why should I care about this series as a whole?

Especially since back when Genesis was made there was absolutely no mention of it ever having a sequel planned or in the works.